£10 drop-in | 6 classes for £50*
This is a drop-in class. You do NOT need to book
Level: All Levels
Nefra guides you to improve your dance skills and fitness through Nia (Neuromuscular Integrative Action). This is a refreshing, fun, grounding class combining dance, martial and healing arts to increase stability, flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and general well being. Learn to manage your energy with greater efficiency as you get to know your own body and discover your individual ‘movement voice’.
How would Nia help my tango?
Nia can help you to:
- Become more sensitive to how you use your feet and connect with the ground, energetically and physically.
- Learn to relax as you move so that your energy is properly utilised and not wasted whether following or leading.
- Access a natural, sensation-led, rather than thought-led way of moving that awakens your body’s intelligence and awareness.
- Increase your core strength and stability so you can manage your own body.
- Practise listening and having a quiet mind that can respond to whatever is presented.
- Use your imagination and stretch your movement capacity.
- Break movement habits to discover and develop your individuality.
Do I have to be a tango dancer to do Nia?
No, Nia is suitable for all ages and abilities, providing you are medically able to move.
Please wear comfortable clothing and bare feet.
* Time limits apply to bundles of classes; please ask Nefra for details.